Teamfitness Store is a registered user under the Data Protection Act.
We ask you to supply the following information during the ordering process:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card details
- We may ask for some demographic information for user profiling in aggregate form.
We use this information for the following purposes:
- To send you the product that you have bought.
- To send email or conventional mail to you, after you have purchased a product.
- To text you with details about your order, or to call you (only) if we have a problem with your order.
- To make it easier for you to shop next time you visit.
DATA COLLECTION AND PROTECTION
Any personal information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers. We collect information when you register online or update your account, log-in, place an order, communicate online with our customer service representatives, opt-in to receive our emails, shop online, contest, promotion or survey, or join our social networking sites. We may also collect information from you through other marketing material. This information may include, but is not limited to, your contact information (for example, your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses and phone number). If you create an online account, you also have the option of providing your product preferences or interests.
There are limited circumstances where we may share some of your data with others and they are as follows:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays Merchant Services in UK), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if required to do so by law, governmental request, process or court order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order or to protect the users of our websites or the public.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders, etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply. Web beacons are small strings of code that are placed in a web page or in an email message. They are sometimes called "clear GIFs" (Graphics Interchange Format) or "pixel tags". Web beacons are most often used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on our websites. When you visit a particular web page, web beacons notify us of your visit. Since web beacons are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit. When used in an email, Web beacons enable us to know whether you have received the email.
DATA OVER THE INTERNET
We use reputable third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. Sometimes these service providers need information about our customers in order to do their jobs, such as fulfil orders and promotions, maintain and manage our customer database and report on customer behaviour and/or preferences. When Teamfitness Store allows these service providers access to your information, we require them to maintain your information in the strictest confidence and we do not permit them to use it in any way other than to help us provide you with better service.
We currently use the services of a few carefully selected companies to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. These companies help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and better understand how visitors use our sites. To do this, cookies are placed on computer browsers and web beacons are placed on our websites on our behalf. The type of information collected in this manner includes pages visited, products viewed and products placed in your shopping cart. By supplementing our records, this information helps us to identify what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers and what kinds of offers our customers like to see.
SECURITY & PRIVACY UPDATES